April Fools: San Siro burns down

It has been an unfortunate couple of days where I have had to live without the Internet: no access to Milan's Website, nor La Gazzetta dello sport, Twitter or even Milan's Curva Sud. What was I to do?

I focused all my urges- in finding out the happenings of footy- and placed them towards the pile of University work that had to be done. Not even the local newspapers were providing any information on Italy's preparations towards their big game against Trappatoni tonight.

Due to the lack of Internet my knowledge of the news in Italy had run dry, and to be honest was quite vulnerable to any sort of outrageous news that could pass my way. To my horror I received a sms/ text early this morning from a mate saying that the San Siro had burnt down. I quickly rushed to my phone's Internet and switched on the television to find any sort of news on this shocking incident.

I couldn't find any news and replied to my friend that I would keep her informed if I heard more.... Much to my embarrassment as soon as the message had gone through I realised that it was an April fools joke and a good one at that.

Playing right into my weaknesses I could barely look anyone in the face as they laughed uncontrollably at my ignorance. I could only but laugh at the brilliance of it all, as well as breathing a sigh of relief that the Guiseppe Meazza is still standing.

Happy April fools to the readers of the Curva Sud, hopefully none of you were harshly done by.

Comments

Anonymous said…
La ringrazio per intiresnuyu iformatsiyu
Anonymous said…
imparato molto

Popular Posts